14k Yellow Gold St. Gerard Medal Pendant (21X18MM)
St. Gerard Majella (April 6, 1726 – October 16, 1755), was an Italian lay brother of the Redemptorists, a missionary order dedicated to preaching the word of God to the poor. He worked as a gardener, sacristan, tailor, porter, cook, carpenter, and clerk of works. He is the patron saint of expectant mothers explained by this story: Gerard visited the Pirofalo family and accidentally dropped his handkerchief. One of the daughters spotted it moments after he’d left the house, and ran after Gerard to return it. “Keep it,” he said, “You may need it someday." Years later when the girl, now married, was on the verge of dying in childbirth, she asked for the handkerchief to be brought to her. Almost immediately the pain disappeared and she gave birth to a healthy child. Gerard died at age 29 of tuberculosis. In 1977, St. Gerard's Chapel in St. Lucy's Church (Newark, New Jersey) was made a national shrine.
It is fitting this special piece is crafted of gold; it is said spiritual energy and power are activated and awakened by wearing or praying with gold. Gold represents the spiritual treasure gained by transforming the spirit; gold also represents love in the Bible. Optimistic and positive, gold adds richness and warmth to everything with which it is associated. It illuminates and enhances. Gold represents perfection in all things. This is 'earth friendly' as it is made with the Refined Karats system certified by Scientific Certification Systems' (SCS) strict requirements. Proudly made in America with a green process of ethically, environmentally and socially responsible production processes of water, waste and energy management; the gold is from 100 percent recycled Karats.
The rising price of gold makes this a great investment.
Image May Appear Larger than Actual Size, Make a Template with Dimensions to be Sure of Size.
Faith is Always Fashionable, Never Trendy... Thank You for Your Consideration, We Appreciate You!
- St. Gerard Medal Measures .83 Inches High by .71 Inches Wide
- St. Gerard Medal Measures is 21.00 Millimeters High x 18.00 Millimeters Wide
- Engraved Text 'Saint Gerard Pray For Us' Encircles the Outside of the Medal; Die Struck, Hollow Medal is Crafted in Polished and Satin 14k Yellow Gold
- St. Gerard, Patron Saint of Expectant Mothers; Redemptorists; the Saint of Happy Childbirth
- Back of Medal is Smooth and Flat; Perfect for Engraving a Special Message
Shipping rates depend on the selected shipping speed and weight/size of the items.
To determine the applicable shipping rate for items in your Cart:
- Select Proceed to Checkout
- Select or add your shipping address
- Select a shipping speed and select Continue
- Select a payment method and select Continue
The total shipping & handling cost will be listed under Order Summary
The Men’s Jewelry Store Shipping Policies
Most packages arrive by the estimated delivery date listed. If you don't receive the package by then, please allow an additional day or two for the package to be delivered. Please note that carriers may deliver packages up until 8 p.m.
Sometimes the carrier makes mistakes, we offer free domestic shipping via USPS Insured First Class Mail, once in a while packages have taken longer to be delivered as the carrier made a mistake and routed the package incorrectly. You can follow the progress of your order as we input the tracking number into your account as soon as we receive the tracking numbers from the carrier.
No Tracking Information
If your package was recently shipped or if it's been sent to an international address using Standard or Expedited Shipping services tracking might not be available. If your package doesn't arrive by the estimated delivery date listed, please wait a few more days. Usually packages arrive on or shortly after the estimated delivery date. We do have a good track record of packages being delivered a day ahead of schedule.
Tracking Information Not Changing
If the estimated delivery date for your package has passed and your tracking information hasn't changed, please allow an additional day or two for the package to be delivered.
In order to save our international clients money, we have your packages sent from our distribution center to our home office via UPS overnight shipping. We then repackage your items and send them to you either via USPS Insured International First Class mail or USPS Expedited or Global Express Mail--which ever you chose.
We send the second tracking number to you via email.
We have found this saves you a substantial amount of money and it seems the packages also arrive a bit faster.
Order Shipped Internationally Not Received/Lost
When an order shipped internationally reaches the destination country, the package may be subject to customs clearance procedures which can cause delays beyond original delivery estimates. Most of the time the package goes right through; in a few rare cases we have seen it take from seven to 14 days for customs to process and clear a package.
This is beyond our control; we mark packages clearly with the contents, weight, and value of items.
International clients may have to pay duty fees to their country for items purchased. Please be aware of your countries policies; we have nothing to do with setting them.
When we ship internationally and you see via the tracking number your package left the San Francisco, Oakland or Los Angeles airport, it will be in your country approximately 11 to 14 hours. Once it leaves the U.S., your country may not update the status of the package even though we have requested for status updates. This is beyond our control.
The amount of time a package takes to clear customs is also beyond our control. Please do hold us accountable for the time it takes for customs to clear your package.
We supply you with a tracking number, if you have questions use that tracking number and call your customs department to find out when they will release your package. They will let you know the progress of your shipment.
It is your responsibility to know your customs policies and duty fees.
- All orders received on before Noon EST, 1 P.M. CST, 2 P.M PST will be shipped that business day.
- All orders received after Noon EST, 1 P.M. CST, 2 P.M PST will be shipped the following business day.
- All orders placed on U.S. holidays, weekends or other holidays recognized by The Men’s Jewelry Store will be shipped on the next business day.
- In rare cases due to unforeseen events, (e.g. extreme weather, shipping company delays, human err—yours, the carriers, us, etc.), these shipment times may be delayed.
- Standard shipments (domestic USA free shipping) are delivered Monday-Saturday (excluding holidays).
- Express shipments (overnight, 2-day, or 3-day) are delivered Monday-Friday (excluding holidays). The delivery times are based on business days for U.S. shipping destinations.
- Next Day or Overnight does not include Saturday, Sunday or holidays; it means the Next Business Day
- Second Day does not include Saturday, Sunday or holidays; it means the Next Two Business Days (often we upgrade this to overnight at no extra charge to you)
- Expedited Shipping does not include Saturday, Sunday or holidays; it means the Next Three Business Days (often we upgrade this to overnight at no extra charge to you)
- Express Saturday Delivery service is not offered.
- You will receive a Shipment Confirmation email once we have released your order for shipping.
- You will receive a second email later that night or early the next day when we input the tracking number. You can access the tracking number by going into your account.
- We personally watch the progress of your shipment, you will receive a third email from us a day before or on the day your package is going to be delivered with the shipment method and a reminder to check for your package.
We can ship to other addresses, but you need to be sure and select (click) the address you would like the package shipped to. If it goes to the incorrect there could be a few reasons for this; perhaps you forgot to click the address or you didn’t input it into your account.
We only see the address that was selected when you checked-out.
In a Nutshell
We do our best to treat you like real jewels. We have spent hours researching and testing the most reliable, least expensive and most expeditious ways to get your jewelry to you. If something goes wrong, please be kind as we go to great lengths to make shopping for jewelry fun.